|HANG ALL THE CABLES!|
- Wire shelving. You probably have some somewhere in the place you store your wire.
- Lots and lots of self-gripping cable ties (1 per wire). These are easily the most oft-used hacking tool in my toolbelt; when you need some stuff fastened right now, they're the go-to gadget. Cheap, too.
- Loop the end of the wire with the self-gripping cable tie.
- Coil the wire and tie it off with the rest of the tie, leaving a few inches of "tail" unstuck.
- Press the cable tie into the wire shelving from below, loop the loose end of the cable tie over one of the shelving wires, and stick it back down to the rest of the velcro.
|All my wires, just hangin' out.|
- The wires pop back off the shelf with a little bit of side-pressure; press so the shelving wire separates the end of the cable tie, and off it goes.
- With the wires hung in this way, it's much easier to see which is which than with a flat storage solution.